Wednesday, March 28, 2007

90:10 ?

Was reading a chapter of Habitudes by Tim Elmore the other day.
(YES! I CAN read!!)
The chapter was about Character, and that we ought to be made of 90% character and 10% skills.
The book was explaining that it might be the 10% of skills that gets us the job, but it’s the rest of the 90% that keeps us there.

Well, as much as I beg to differ (coz I do not think that the ratio works very well with me).But that’s another story. There was challenge at the end of the chapter where we’re suppose to think of something we dislike doing; being house chores, tidying up the room, iron clothes, help mum cook all that. And choose to actively do it for one week.
It says that percentage of it being cultivated as a habit is really high.
I thought I’d give it a shot, and see how it goes.

So I began thinking, what is it a dislike doing.
I can’t really think of any.
Until last night.

So here it is.
I would go to bed before 12am on weekdays. (Coz weekends happening ma..haha)

Oh, Im suppose to have accountability, and have ppl checking up on me.
I thought blogging bout this would really make me eat my words.
So yup, I give you all permission to keep me on check.
You bug me with sms, call me. Come up to me and ask me.
For some of you who would wanna discuss the ordeal can just gimme a call, or just ask me point blank.
This offer is only for ONLY 1 week OK!!??
But PLEASE dont call me in the middle of the night jusssst to check ahhh.

Lets see how it goes.
Any takers that I cant do it?


6 comments:

YANG said...

hahaha. smth i m struggling with too. good thing my goal was before 2am on weekdays.

bnardhiew said...

Merlvyn-

HAHAH, i knw, i heard yours when you were sharing it the other day.
i was like ...ISHHH,
College students! hahahah

So, how r u doing in the short-hair, curfew tight uni? hehe
God Bless

YANG said...

well im staying outside so theres alot more freedom. thats why can always go to church. haha.

bnardhiew said...

Merlyvn-
ahhh. sweeet!
hahah

Allrite see you soon bro.
God Bless

EADotCom said...

Good book that... takes time to digest. So how have you been?

bnardhiew said...

A.E-
Hey, havent heard from you for quite a while alrdy.

Yeah, digesting that book, chapter by chapter, good stuff.

Doing ok, learning to take one step at a time, duwan to rush things. With my career as well as 'other' vital issues in life. hahah,Dunt worry, you knw im too cautious to be complacent =)

How bout you?
God Bless