Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My Story

Happy Birthday Braces!
Allrite, exhange presents it shall be! You better give a good one!
called her up just now.

"hello?" Braces

"Happy Burfday to you...Happy Burfday to you, HAPPY BURFDAY TO BRACES..Happy Burfday too YOUUU!!" Me

" *giggle giggle giggle* " Braces

Ohkay.. now back to my story!

Yes the finals! The night before, went out with Joni and Esther, Chung Yeee, and Kevin, watched CORPSE BRIDE! Pleaaasee dunt watch that movie I beg of you!
Ohkay, maybe the graphics was impressive, but I didn’t enjoy the movie at all. Id give it a 3 outta 10 ! im dead serious!
Then after that adjourned to Kevin’s Dad’s place for dinner, the pub and restaurant was called TITANIC in Taman Tun. Loved the atmosphere there, there was good food and best of all there was a live band there, consisting of 40 year old dudes, palying, and the singing …awesome!!
To make the night only better, Kevin’s dad charges us all RM 4 each for salmon, Steak, and RIBS! That’s crazeeee!!
Thank you Uncle!!
REALLY APPRECIATE IT! BLESS YA!
Dad called up that morning and told me that he was in kl!!! So, I quickly called the PR company in charge, yes thanks to SHEENA, I managed to get my dad and his friend, Uncle to get in! Thank You SHEEENA, really appreciate it. Coz I didn’t wanna call my 20 peeps I invited and ask them not to come…thanks Sheena!!

So, the next day, the MTV FINALS DAY!!
Woke up around 10, and headed to Hotel Maya. Met up with Shon firt, and then eventually then Aiman and Temily, was briefed by the MTV crew of what was going to happen, and there was a team ready, that was in charge of taking “BEHIND THE SCENSE” for editing purposes, which will be included in the video that will be presented *as told* on 2nd of DECEMBER on ur ASTRO MTV!

We had our rehearsals, met up with KC Monterro, the MC for the night, also a MTV VJ from manila, kinda a layed back dude. Really easy to talk to, nothing like a STAR STAR. Yeah, felt comfortable. We did our rehearsals, mind you was for the camera’s of our positions, coz there were actually 4 camera shooting the stage at a single time…so yeah, they wanted to adjust the audio, the video and everything. Nothing of the competition details were given. *keke*

So all this time, the “behind the scene” crew were following us around, and we were interacting with the camera and all. After a while, it felt really comfortable with it.. no hiccups, just one shot and got it done.. and so well, that I was almost doing all the talking at once! Haha

Then at around 4 sumthing, we went back to the hotel, and bath, did our make-up and hair. Haha, the room wasn’t as classy as the one in HILTON, but it was definitely nice! Hahah. Yeap. And yes, the camera was around too! Hahah now I cant wait to watch the edited version of it all.
Haha

Walked over to ZOUC at 6pm. There were people standing outside waiting already, had eyes looking..haha, but was allrtie with that already. Just smiled and just walked on. Haha.
DAD was one of the earliest there.

Was soo happy that at least someone from my family was there to witness sumthing important. So MDK managed to get them in, and later was invited to sit in the VIP AREA upstairs.!! Haha, my Dad was soo happy with the treatment! And thanks to MDK again!
Hahah

Later saw my friends coming, thank you for coming really appreciated it!
Ah Gan , Ah Fai, Jackson, Joni, Gavin, James, Cissie, Evelyn, Emelia, Larry, Chris, Angela, Shin Yie , Martin, Pastor Lindy, Nick, Celeste, Vanny, Stanley, Ah Jut , Annabelle, Foo Heng, Christine, Seerena, Ah Kent, Melody, Desmond, Mei Yee and Bf (soory didn’t get to talk to ya) , Joseph, Gavin, Vincent, Nuri, Audrey TOng and frined and all those who prayed! Thank you!

Called mum, before it started.
“Mum, wer gonna start soon.. gonna off my phone soon.” I said
“oh, is it live?” she asked
“No its not. It will be delayed broadcast later” I replied.
“Mum, I wunt do my best! Coz I promised you, I just want you to know that I love you and I LOVE got more! And I want you to knw that I wanna obey you!” eyes began to filled with wetness
“ Good ..son. *siiighh* , lets just leave it to God larr! “ she replied
“I love you Son” she said
“…. I love you too Maa” I answered
“bye”
“bye”

Aunty Judy and Aunty Irene called. And asked me to give my best.
I kept quiet, and said thank you.
And I just wanna say sorry to all of you who was expecting my best up there. But I pray that you see that as much as I want my dreams to happen, and to do the most impossible, above all things, I wanna tell you that I choose to HONOR my GOD, who in HIS word asks us to obey your parents! And I chose to fear God above all other things!

So we had to introduced ourselves first, so I did a lil intro *hahah* .was a lil nervous there, especially seeing those 7 letters in LARGE BOARD IN HALF AIR "B E R N A R D" coz I really didn’t prepare that one.. did a lil rap that went like this

“wsup all you ppl in the house tonight,
Oh no, its not recorded, im rapping live
Gimme your ears, why dunt you please,
Coz this is the first time im doing this

Making it here I give praise to God,
Coz he is everything that ive every Got
(then I heard JAMES shout WHOOOHOOO yes I heard you james! )

Too phat’s in da house, everybody clap!
(everyone actually did clap! Which amazed me!!)
Coz those two dudes are 2 fine chaps
Too phat’s in da house, everybody Shout!!!
(put the mic to the audience, …yup EVERYBODY SHOUTEEDDD!! ..it was crazeee)
Coz they just love it when its nice and loud!

I knwww….
They’re dance, they sing, much better than me
That is why they are celebrity!!
BUT
They’re cool, they’re smooth, they’re handsum , They’re beautiful,
just like you and me!!
That is why wer all here with MTV!!!
(laughters)
thank you "

that really lifted the standard a bit, and Aiman danced, and had to do a flip over and landed on his back flat on the floor! really got everyones attention! it was either a really bad mistake or it was really a good tactic! hahah

the show went on with us answering some objective questions about the music industry, questions like who was Lindsay LOhan's ex boyfriend, where is kelly clarkson gonna have her next concert, what is Too phat's new movie title,
we got almost almost all correct, and they were having hard time differentiating us, and everybody thought that part was a lil too easy.. (they say!! seesh))

haha, then there was the individual perfomrance part, where we had to pick an envelope and do the challenge inside, the one i picked neede me to choreograph a boyband dance! haha, had fun in that one.. so, Colby came up, the music started and he did his thing, and then i had to choreograph and change the thing.
sorry jocelyn , forgot wat was the song called, but it goes like "toot toot, teet teet ..then waterver watever blah blahh.. then TOOT TOO, TEET TEET"
sumthing like that.
haha, and i did the MAHJONG move! hahah
that was wheneverybody laughed! and i got most of the crowd then!
hahah

the last part was to answer a question from one of the panel of judges. i got my question from Bryan, asking me why is important to me. i answerd naturally, becuase i grew up very closed to music, it resonate with my soul really effectively, coming froma church background, singing in church and all, i said that music has the power to connect to pppl effectively.

But Temily didnt have a fun time, Aznil was teasing her a lil bit, but i thought that beinga 15 years old, having to succumb to that amount of pressure was a lil bit too much, but i guess Aznil has got a point there, i mean, if you seriously wanna become a VJ, you'll be facing with judgements and shit talk like that. and if you cant take it, then maybe VJ aint the suitbale thing for you!

enwei, then they announced the VIEWER'S CHOICE AWARD!!
This award is given to the finalist who, in the audience hearts shoudl become thier Vj, accoridng to SMS votes and also online voting.

"and the winner is .... BERNARD!!"
YUP!!! IT WAS MEE!! HAHAH
i went up, the crowd was WOOOHOOOOOO!!!
WAS HAPPY!! haha, and when asked to say sumthing
" i wanna thank all my yimarr, gu jehh, ah sou..." *crowd laughed!!
"yeah but i waana thank all those who have supported me, in both voting and prayers, my church, my family back home in sabah! my friends who couldnt be here tonight, but who have really supported mt througha ll this"
*sumthign liek taht*
but i remembered saying, i wanna thank My Lord, Jesus Christ, all honor and Glory goes to Him !" (hope they dunt edit that one)

then the annoucnement of winners was on. we were handed each a handphone. and whoever ones ring will eventually becomes the winner.Then Aiman's phone rang!
and He won it!!
we were all suprised bout it! hahah
EVEN HE WAS!! HE WAS SUPERSTONNED! hahaha
yeah, and i could felt his excitement when we hugged, man, ive never been hugged that hard before!! hahah
and right before that, he was saying
"shit man, i dunno what i was answering Donita then man!! " and i was ensuring taht all was gonna be allrite.!! hahah
mana tahu!! haha

enwei, the show ended, we took pictures.from the press and all.
and after that, Digi people came over and handed us the prizes. and helped us set up our prizes.
So sorry for those who waited, coz there was an interview later on, and you guys had to wait so long.. but yeah, managed to take pictures with some of the fans, and some ppl asked to take pics.so yeah, hope i get to see those pics! haha

then went up to the vip area for interview with PRESS. My interview took quite a long time. i was wondering why mine was so long, the whole cell was waiting outside. enewei, had a funt ime with the press. got them loving mea nd adoring me for a while! haha
they began asking questions, and its amazing, when you say things, and 7 ppl start writine the things taht you are saying. !! should try it sometime!
haha

they began asking questions like wat do you think of aiman winning?
i said, honestly, it caught me by surpise when they annoucned it. (they paused looked at me, and continuing , only this time writting faster)

so you think that he didnt deserved to win?
i ansered, No, Mtv hd someone in mind and they wre looking for the qualities that they wanted, and Aiman apparently has that MTV factor taht they were looking for. and yes, im allrtie with Aiman winning it, but it just came like a suprise.

so, when they announced you to be the Viewer's choice, who did you think would be possibly winning it?
i said, i thought i was winning it. *they laughed and nodded thier head*
why?
i said, because i thought that i gave a good performance, and i controlled and engaged the crowd really well, wouldnt say that the rest didnt do a good job, but i said i did a very good job in that area especially.

At this time, they began to relax, and was really chatting with me, and asking me questions about my family, where i come from, who am i with now, in kl alone, working? whre do i usually hangout..
began telling them bout church, wanna thank my Lord, jesus christ...(all that once again) , my mum...
and they began saying that i looked familiar, kept on asking me have i ever did any commercials, any video appeared on TV before, one said that i looked like the cameo in the "SEPET" movie.

AND NO, I HAVE NEVER DONE ANY OF THAT, BUT IF THERES ANYONE INTERESTED IN LOOKING FOR ME TO DO ANY JOBS FOR MC, OR ADVERTS, PLEASE CONTACT ME! THANK YOU!! PASS THE WORD AROUND!! (i told them this too) ,hahah

remembered one asked me if i have a gurlfriend. i said no.
"ohh? so are you single and available?" or "single but not available?"
"im single and available" i answered
"when was your last relationship?" another asked
"i never had a gurlfriend before" i replied.
"WHHHHATTTT? all of them
hahahah

"yeah" i said.
"you never had a gurlfreind?" "NOPE"
"you never had a gurlfreind?" "NOPE"
"youuuu never had a gurlfreind?" "NOPE"
she stopped for a while..
"you never had a boyfriend?" " nope, that a no too!" hahahah

yeah, hahah..
then they continued with askingme to try other things, like 8tv and all.
**YES IF YOU WANNA CONTACT ME ABOUT ANY OF THOSE JOBS. plese leave me a message, or write sumthing at the tagger at the side! thank you!!

well, what did i win?
haha, i won myself a new NOKIA 6101 handphone, with a new DIGI line, 6month worth talk time, Levi's apparels, free promotion, being able to be on TV, working with MTV, seeing behind the scenes, of a production house of that size, learnt from talking in front of the black box, interviews, handling press, got my friends behind me, a good profile now, contacts, and did i mention new group of fans! ?? hahah
and also a better relationship with mum, and being a friend of THE NEW MTV VJ!!!
hahah, and knw that im really loved, by mum, MY lord, My family, and also bu the public!!! thank youu

Happy with the situation?
yes!! really satisfied!. I thank God for his faithfullness, no doubt i didnt win the VJ thing, but at least i won the people's heart and winnig the poeple's choice award is just as important as winning the VJ thing! i thank all of you who have voted! really appreciate it. like my cell, church friends, sib powerhouse, Bobby and susan, tom and dd, Jenn,JAY JAY, Inessa, Braces, Brace's friend who thought i was cute! everyone that i didnt type out ur name! thank youu!!!

God is faithful! now mum can sleep! ahahaha

God Bless


















Aiman's the new MTV VJ HUNT MALAYSIA CHAMPION!

choreographing baybee ! this is how you do it!

Thanks for coming guys!

Bernard Hiew, MTV VJ HUNT MALAYSIA'S PEOPLE CHOICE VJ!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the GURL is BACK!!

anyway.. peoples choice award.. hmm... at least my votes didnt go into the drain... hahaha

yeah, i must really say that God really REALLY blessed you... and boy am i proud of you for mentioning JESUS CHRIST in front of the WHOOOLLE audience!!
*imagines S.A.Tan throwing a fit like Donald Duck...* hahahaha

God bless YOU...

Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

amen.

Felix :O) said...

good stuff, Bernard!

i strongly believe that you would go far in life. im pretty sure there will be a lot more opportunities for you to live your dreams!

you were a true rockstar even during our days being together in a band back in form 5.

all praise and honor goes to God alone!

you're ma man, Bernard! im proud of ya!

Anonymous said...

Congrats dude!

Im sure they have other offers for you.

you cant be first but you can always be the next babeh!

Charles

Anonymous said...

haha yealah, what kind of song is that??

hehe congrats though =) so since you're part celebrity now, why not try asking zouk for their VIP passes eh? heheh ;)

Anonymous said...

COngrats bernard

God bless you my friends

you are really something..... keep it up