Friday, January 19, 2007

2006 and 2007

“We all start from growing up as a child being taken care by our parents, and there will come a day when we grow up as parents and the roles change when we begin to take care of them.”

This time, going back to KK was like the same a challenging trip. Hahaha
After living with my mum over the past 23 years, you and I would have thought that I’ve learnt how to handle her already.
Hahah, But nothing prepared me for what I encountered.

I remembered my mother as a very strict, very tidy person. Always teaching and reminding…yes as well as lecturing me on responsibility, about tidiness and cleanliness.
And it shocked me this time when I went back, the house was pretty messy, the car was super dirty. Hahah, and as I began to question mum bout it, she said she was always tired, and didn’t have time to do it.

Realised that she has been using all of her energy on work, spending her hours in the salon, and when she comes back home, she will just eat, bathe, and go to bed.
I realised mum didn’t want to spend so much of her time alone and free. She doesn’t know what to do with it now that both Belinda and myself are no more in the house.
She was using work to avoid being lonely.

And as I began to talk to mum, I realised that I began to sound like someone I used to know very well. My mum. Haha ironic ey? Don’t believe me, try and take a step back and really think about it. Haha. You might find out that we’re very much in the same situation. Hahaha

Going back this time has been a slow, relax time of bonding, observing, relaxing, reflecting time for me. Spent a lot of time thinking out wat has happened and wat is 2007 going to be for me. As till today, we’re still in the midst of praying and thinking through.
Many times I get to frustrated thinking bout these things. That I just wanna shut it up, and don’t think bout it. But after a few days, and as you begin to pick up the pieces and wanting to pile it to the picture we want.. and it all repeats itself again!!!
Lord, I need some help here!!

2006 has been a really challenging year, met a lot of great personalities, some not so great, but it was awesome to have great friends around. Days and Dinners were never the same. SO, I’m looking forward to 2007 with arms wide open!
Lets walk this journey together!
Blessed new year.

Tomorrow SIBKL is launching RESONATE service.
Yup, it’s a Exist district service. The church is going to hold one RESONATE service every two months. It’s a special service by the young, specially for ages round the Young Adults, the College Zone and High school, and anyone who wanna join.
Yup, so its generally LOUDER!! Hahaha

Come join us at SIBkl at 5pm!!
Blessed weekend ya’al!



Meet Vincent, He just won "Sexiest dude" title in Setapak region! A True Champion! Watch out, he's definitely going somewhere!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaahha.. Bnard is another champion... we are champion...

yapster said...

so when is the champion baton is gonna pass down to another generation...? u all like nvr finish champion-ing wan..?

bnardhiew said...

Vincent -

WE ARE THE CHAMPION MY FRIEND!!! *ZHENG ZHENG*
AND WE'LL KEEP ON FIGHTING TILL THE END
*ZHENG ZHENG ZHEEEENGGG*

WE ARE THE CHAMPION, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONNNNNNN
....OF THE WORLDDD!!!!!!

bnardhiew said...

YAP-

The champion baton WILL eventually passed down to the "chosen" one.
Until the time comes, We will withhold justice, and slay down all the wolves!!!!